- co-author of Geike’s second single “Blinded”: Watch on YouTube
- performance “Dances” for Symphonic Youth Orchestra: Jemoo (Gent) – concerts in Bristol, Bath… (UK) in July 2012
- publication “Trinity”: work for bass trombone & vibes (and a version for piano)
Karel Van Marcke has been busy the last few months.
- He’s writing “Bestiarium” (together with composer Maarten Van Ingelghem) for youth female choir Caloroso and pianoquintet. Based upon Leonardo Da Vinci’s “Bestiarium” and re-written by theatre dramaturg Alain Pringels.
- Karel is also finalising demo recordings with singer Kyoko Baertsoen (Lunascape, Hooverphonic, Conjure One, Buscemi…).
- “Trinity” has been performed twice in Equador by bass trombone player Leonaar De Graeve (summer 2011).
- Karel Van Marcke has published three piano books. You can take a look at them on the books page or order them at http://www.metropolis-music.com.
Aperitif concert by the 3xGoud! Orchestra under musical direction of Karel Van Marcke.
The orchestra plays music by Miles Davis, Bill Evans, Billie Holiday, Frank Zappa and Karel Van Marcke. Karel made the special arrangements.
Concert in co-operation with the Department of Jazz and Pop Music of the Academie voor Podiumkunsten Aalst (academy for stage arts) and students in music production of Hogeschool Gent/Conservatory.
- Sunday April 25th 2010 at 11 am
- City Hall, Grote Markt 3, Aalst